Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
- Maintain the QR Matrix System accuracy (as far as is practically possible) to ensure training modules are aligned and accurately reported, including mandatory training in conjunction with functions such as HSQE & HR.
- On a regular basis check e-learning updates e.g., FSA1, 3 & 4 and update matrix with date-learning completed for each employee.
- Update QR System - compliance dashboard every 2 days – after two months move to once a week on a Wednesday.
- Within 48 hours of receipt of Starters and Leavers report from HR Assistant- Leavers - remove from the Matrix- Starters – check on the matrix – if yes have completed induction, if not need to send information about the induction.
- Once Matrix updated – upload to QR System.
- To assist with transferring PowerPoint training material to an e-learning package.
- To support Training Specialist with training programmes as identified.
- Check e-learning booking system as to numbers booked – updating Training Specialist.
- Chase if numbers are low (maximum 18)- Send joining instructions / maps to those attending, copy in manager.
- To support with setting up the Training Academy for all learning activities incl.
- Set up room to required layout.
- Produce signature attendance list, send a copy to Training Specialist.
- Produce paperwork for Training Specialist as requested.
- Within 48 hours of learning activity.
- Update matrix with those that attended – upload QR System.
- Chase DNA’s or cancellations – copying in manager.
- To maintain employee training files in line with audit requirements and ensure full compliance with OCS Training Templates and records.
- To assist in the timely monthly reporting of all L&D activity in line with required format on NEC Group Contract to meet published deadlines.
- To communicate effectively at all levels providing support to senior management team.
- To provide backup administrative support to the team as and when required.
- To manage the booking system for Academy and meeting rooms.
- There may be opportunities on the local contract for a permanent position or within the wider OCS Group.
- Good standard of Maths and English.
- IT proficient.
- Able to use Microsoft packages esp. Outlook email, word and excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of data.
- Able to evidence strong verbal and written skills.
- Flexible and proactive
- Effective time management
- Customer focused and resilient
- Due Dilligence
- Self motivator
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- No formal qualifications required
- Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses.
- Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
- On completion of this 18 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 3 Business Administration