Anawim is growing and constantly changing and with multiple funders and increased outward profile activity, we require an HR apprentice to work within the Project Management team to support Anawim’s HR function. Anawim is a well-respected women’s centre in this sector but needs to increase its reach, effectiveness and sustainability.
To provide an effective HR support service whilst successfully completing an HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship.
This role is privy to highly sensitive material so confidentiality and Data Protection is paramount.
- Support the HR Advisor and Centre Coordinator in maintenance of Anawim’s online HR system, PeopleHR through inputting of staff data such as new starter details, probationary reviews and sickness/absence
- Maintain employee files on PeopleHR, ensuring information is kept up to date and accurate and regularly running reports to ensure that employment contracts and DBS checks are renewed as and when necessary
- Support with the gathering of all relevant information for monitoring and evaluating the organisation including monitoring of staff annual leave and absence in line with the Sickness Absence Policy (e.g. trigger points) and monitoring of equal opportunities in the recruitment process. Document and track HR actions by completing forms, logs, and records
- Providing employees with training on PeopleHR
- Administration of training, including liaising with training providers, booking staff onto training courses and recording staff training on PeopleHR. Assist with making room bookings and allocating meetings and courses to rooms
- Assisting with the recruitment and selection process for Anawim including gaining authorisation to recruit, designing and writing advertisements and placing them on the relevant platforms and sending out application packs, arranging and assisting with interviews as and when required
- Assist with the appointment process for successful applicants including writing of provisional offer letters, DBS clearance, right to work checks, medical history clearances and reference checks
- Support the HR Advisor and Centre Coordinator with the processing of new starters including issuing of employee contracts, issuing managers with new starter advice and ensuring that all relevant information is inputted onto PeopleHR. Work alongside line managers to ensure that new starters are effectively inducted into their roles and receive all relevant training and information
- Work alongside the HR Advisor and Centre Coordinator and COO to provide staff with support, advice and guidance on HR-related issues including general enquiries, disciplinaries and grievances and adhering to Anawim’s policies and procedures during these processes
- Contribute to the revision of Anawim’s HR policies and procedures and Employee Handbook, ensuring that all policies and procedures meet legal requirements
- Filing, photocopying, shredding, dealing with incoming and outgoing post and other general admin functions
- Producing letters and other HR-related correspondence
- Setting up meetings and welcoming visitors
- With guidance from the HR Advisor and Centre Coordinator, work alongside the Finance and Contracts Officer to order supplies for the centre including stationary, food and any other items required for effective service delivery
- Assist with the induction of new staff on policies and procedures of the centre i.e. fire alarm, door entry, health and safety
- Assist with health and safety issues including overseeing the monitoring of staff accidents, assisting with weekly Health & Safety and fire alarm checks
- Comply with statutory regulations, Data Protection, Anawim policies and procedures and Health and Safety legislation
- Participate in training as agreed with line manager including the completion of a Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship
- Maintain absolute confidentiality
- Maintain and awareness of HR best practice at all at times
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate would have gained a large amount of generalist HR experience so would be well placed to develop a career in HR and work towards completing further CIPD qualifications such as a Level 5 Certificate in Human Resources Management.
You will start working with the company in March and day release for the apprenticeship will start in September 2021.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Good co-ordination skills to organise room allocations and diary bookings using computer packages such as Outlook
- Good administration skills to include the ability to keep accurate and confidential records
- Ability to be confidential and keep sensitive information private and data protection
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise work
- Ability to work with people from differing social backgrounds
- Ability to work as a member of team and share information
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as being part of the wider team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven IT skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Willing to learn
- Holds excellent professional boundaries
- Innovative and creative approach to project development
GCSE English and maths grade 4/C and above or equivalent.
- Advanced HR Support Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths as required
- End point assessment
- Any training required by the employer