We like to think that the people team is the heart of our sociable agency. We are looking for an organised and friendly person to join our people team. You will have great attention to detail, genuinely enjoy meeting lots of different people and be interested in making work better for people. This role will focus on providing administrative support across our people function working on everything from payroll to recruitment.
Full training and support will be given to the successful candidate and the role would be split 80% work, 20% studying.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of all new joiner documentation including contracts.
- Ensuring that all documents are returned either before their first day and that their employee files are set up, references requested, and all other paperwork is up to date.
- Ensuring all Right to Work checks are complete
- Working with people partners to track probations
- Preparation of leaver letters
- Issuing other change letters for example promotions and salary letters
- Ensuring all online and offline HR files have the correct information in them and are kept up to date with copies of payroll and other relevant documentation
- Raise PO’s and process invoices
- Collating all payroll changes and provide copies of relevant (and signed off) paperwork to the Payroll Team before payroll cut off (e.g. Starters, leavers, salary changes, maternity, working pattern changes etc.)
- Running monthly reports, and with the help of the wider People team, ensuring all information held on the database is up to date and correct (e.g. titles changes, reporting line changes)
- Manage the holiday booking system including adding new joiners, answering any holiday queries (alongside the rest of the People team) and buying extra holiday process
- Assisting with company-wide social events i.e. Christmas party, wellbeing initiatives
- Manage the eye care voucher system
Recruitment & Training
- Supporting the Head of Talent with recruitment administration including scheduling interviews, and maintaining the candidate database
- Working with the Head of Talent & Marketing Manager to create employee experience related content for the MLG UK social channels
- Supporting the L&D partner with any training administration
96% of Arch Apprentices move straight into the destination of their choice when they finish their apprenticeship with many seeing their salary go up immediately post-apprenticeship!
- A keen interest in starting a career in a people/ HR function
- A commitment to learn about the agency and how the people team can best support the agency
- Numerically minded, have strong analytical skills and a sharp eye for detail
- Able to use initiative to problem solve
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to excel in a continuously evolving industry
- Good team player; approachable; proactive and able to work without direct supervision
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enjoys working in a fun, collaborative and fast-paced creative environment, and to tight deadlines (this is a must!)
- Proactive and a natural self-starter
- Tactful and discreet
English and maths GCSEs at grade C (4) or above
- Standard: HR Support (Level 3 apprenticeship) with CIPD level 3
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills