What will the apprentice be doing?
- Using online databases in support of staff learning
- Working across the various HR teams, learning about the breadth of services we provide
- Supporting the end-to-end recruitment process, learning about what makes an effective recruitment campaign
- Understanding how policy and the law underpin our work, with the opportunity to carry out policy research and meet with our Trade Unions
- Involvement with employee relations casework, understanding our policies in action and the role of HR in supporting the organisation and workforce
- Supporting the organisation and delivery of a range of in-person and virtual events, understanding the various ways we seek the voice of our customers to inform the work we do
- Reporting and handling personal data
- Working to deadlines
- Working on contractual improvement projects
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study for a Level 3 Customer Service Apprenticeship, while gaining invaluable work experience and earning a wage.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of the apprenticeship, we will support you to apply for vacant positions within the Council. Our career pathway is designed to create opportunities for growth and development for everyone who joins us as an apprentice.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 - 9) Desired