Role and Responsibilities:
This list is not exclusive or exhaustive:
- Posting job adverts
- Contacting applicants
- Booking interviews
- Submitting DBS applications
- Sending reference requests
- Issuing paperwork
- Maintaining personnel files
- Sending HR letters
This is a new and exciting role and in time you will have the opportunity to do other HR work such as draft HR documentation (including employment contract, company handbooks and letters), manage and maintain the HR cloud software and assist with the marketing for our HR services.
You will also complete a customer service apprenticeship in addition to the above duties. Following the successful completion of this apprenticeship, we may offer you continued employment and give you the opportunity to gain a professional qualification in HR. This role has great long-term career opportunities for the right person.
- Potential for full-time employment for the right candidate
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part-time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies. Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst awaiting for your first wages to be paid.
Approx. 5 minutes walking from Rochester Train Station. Multiple buses into the centre of town.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Confident and professional on the phone
- Good written communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Good team player
- Organised and a good communicator
- The ability to get along with a wide range of people, including clients, other staff, directors and partners
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Is a motivated individual who can work on their own initiative when required
- Natural team player with good interpersonal skills
- Be adaptable and able to provide assistance and support to others in the department when needed
- Hard working and efficient with a willingness to carry out additional jobs when required
5 GCSEs Grades A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) including English and maths.
- Level 2 Customer service practitioner apprenticeship standard
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.