What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist with operational and planning support to the Talent Development team for online, hybrid, and in-person development programs
- Coordinate and assist the Talent Development Partners and Advisors with delivery of development events
- Support trainers and facilitators with the preparation and delivery of in-house and external events including invitations, pre-work, follow-up materials and feedback surveys
- Manage the administration of creating, registration records and reporting in the learning management system
- Assist with promotion of the Talent Development offerings through creative and impactful internal communications
- Manage and update the Talent Development intranet page
- Assist with relevant financial/business qualifications contracts and processes
- Assist with projects
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship
- CIPD Foundation Certificate in People Practice
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
When you work towards the Level 3 qualification, you’ll learn the essential skills to be eligible for an entry-level position like an HR Assistant or Administrator.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential