You’ll also be playing a pivotal role in supporting them with the HR issues and duties for the different contracts across their region. To provide timely, effective, and comprehensive support to the HR function in all aspects of administration.
To support the operation with administration relating to colleagues i.e. pay queries, holiday queries, discipline, absence, sickness, engagement etc. and to develop the correct behaviours and culture within the contract according to the XPO Values.
Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety requirements are met:
- Comply with H&S policy & standards
- Identify and report hazards, incidents, and accidents
- Be aware of where COSHH applies and adhere to the requirements
- Keep work area clean and tidy
- Use 6S’s
- Use equipment in a safe manner
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all new starters are administered and upload to SuccessFactors, complete offer and contract for all ungraded colleagues and that personnel files are created to the best class standard
- Assist with the production of documentation for processing changes to personal and employment details
- All admin related tasks within the HR department
- Support the HR Manager in the execution of the Absence Management Procedure
- Preparation of departmental reports such as the weekly sickness report, Headcount report
- Maintain sick and absence data, transfers, attendance, and performance documentation
- Maintain trackers for Disciplinary/Investigation/Grievance meetings
- Maintain accurate reports in line with site and Customer requirements
- Support the site absence management procedure and maintain accurate records and LTS information
- Support with the process of occupational health referrals and have a proactive approach to Long Term Sickness
- Prepare correspondence, minutes of disciplinary meetings and other documents relating to the HR processes as required
- Maintain an effective HR filing system to include regular review and audit of personnel files to ensure records are complete and documents valid
- Assist and support Line Managers in investigation and disciplinary meetings
- Ensure HR procedures are maintained, and personnel files are up to date and contain all necessary paperwork
- Assist with the resolution or appropriate re-direction of enquiries from colleagues and managers
- Be responsible for data security
- Carry out other duties and projects as required by HR Manager
- Engaging in CSR activity where appropriate
- Overall accountability for ensuring that HR administration is produced
- Employee queries are managed in line with company procedure
- Processing daily return to work documents
- Ownership of Maternity and Paternity process
- Processing shift changes for all employees on sites
- Supporting the HR team with long term sick cases including booking all occupational health, absence review and capability meetings
- Participate in general HR Surgeries
- Management of HR Boards and communications
96% of Arch Apprentices move straight into the destination of their choice when they finish their apprenticeship with many seeing their salary go up immediately post-apprenticeship!
Before you apply for this role, have you asked yourself:
- Do I live close enough to NN5 5BB that I could commute there and back every day?
- Do I meet the qualifications required for this role?
- Am I available to start an apprenticeship within the next two months?
- Do I want to work in the HR industry and have I researched into it?
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and HR databases
- Knowledge of HR Policy, Practice and Employee Relations
- Excellent communication skills across several boundaries
- Planning & organisation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Reliable, honest and committed
- Ability to work under pressure and own initiative
- Ability to build long term client relationships
- Innovative and not restricted by convention
- Team player
- Lead by example
- Attention to detail
- Results and success driven
- Self-motivated / self-starter
- Flexible approach to work
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)