What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertaking a full range of HR administration duties, along with the HR Assistant, being the first point of contact for general HR and recruitment queries.
- Support the resourcing function including processes such as advertising, seeking appropriate approvals, providing candidates with application packs, document auditing, liaising with hiring managers regarding interviews.
- Support the recruitment function including processes such as collating new starter paperwork, referencing, DBS checks, document auditing, employment verification.
- Managing HR data in a confidential way, ensuring that it is fully up to date and accurate.
- Assisting with data processes such as drafting contract variation letters, including job changes, promotions, changes to hours and salary, starters, leavers.
- Assist with providing timely monthly employee data to Finance/Payroll including starters, leavers, changes, sickness absence, maternity, paternity.
- Working closely with the HR Assistant, monitor and respond to HR Support and Recruitment email inboxes, escalating where appropriate.
- Maintain work instruction procedures documents and ensure electronic HR toolkits and forms are updated and fit for purpose.
- In conjunction with the HR Managers/Advisors to assist with key HR projects and HR processes as required.
- Any other duties commensurate to the role of HR Apprentice.
- Take personal responsibility and act within the spirit, principles and values of the Charity.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will be working towards the HR Support Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
- Qualifications include: CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice
- College attendance will be at the Colchester Institute (Colchester Campus) once per month.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to gain fundamental skills within HR, helping you to build a successful career. Opportunities to progress within the HR team and climb the ladder within our charity.
Reality CheckWhat we offer: 33 days annual leave, pension scheme, and refer a friend scheme.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent maths and English (Grade 9-4/A*-C) Essential