During your apprenticeship, you will develop the necessary skills to start your career as an HR professional.
Your duties will include:
- Organise all client HR files, both hard copy and electronic files to ensure all documents are up to date and accurate
- Organise office processes to optimise efficiency and speed of service
- Manage diary reminders to track key employment milestones
- Keep track of PAYG projects and retained additional needs to meet agreed timescales
- Support creation of all client employment contracts, employee handbooks and policies within appropriate timescales
- Manage enquiries to the office email and telephone line to ensure a prompt, friendly and accurate response
- Keep CRM system up to date with new contact information
- Support marketing strategy by placing all social media content provided by The HR Dept on various social media platforms
- Organise distribution of monthly e-letter to all clients, contacts and prospects
- Updating all recruitment trackers to ensure appropriate communication / updates with clients and accurate billing
- Supporting CV sifting and telephone screening of candidates using agreed templates
- Manage booking and venue arrangements for seminars, training and conferences and attend where appropriate to support events
There is a strong possibility of future employment with the Company. The types of roles for career progression are HR Administrator, HR Advisor, HR & Recruitment Manager. With the level of experience and knowledge received whilst working in the Company, to potentially work as a HR Assistant in any organisation in any industry.
Salary to be reviewed after 6 months.
- Proficient in IT
- Excellent attention to detail - when we are writing contractual documents, attention to detail is crucial
- Excellent organisational skills - clients rely on us to track employment cases, which means that you need to be super organised
- Professional and personable communication skills - Building relationships is an important part of how The HR Dept deliver the services and grow the business
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges - The HR Dept love a challenge, meaning that they rise to the challenge for all Clients and to grow the business. This means that it is a great place to learn and 'get involved'
- Interested in helping local small businesses - Supporting local businesses is brilliant. It means that The HR Dept have real relationships and that your work is always varied and interesting
- You will have a great work ethic and pride in your work
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in maths and English.
- Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship Standard
Extensive training will be provided by the team. A full induction and ‘hands on’ experience will be provided under the supervision of a HR & Recruitment Manager.
You will also attend Kingston College for your off the job training and will work towards Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship.