The Apprentice will support the effective delivery of HR services across the Trust, in particular supporting the processes relating to payroll processing, recruitment and selection and employee relations.
We are searching for a bright and ambitious individual to join our central HR administration team as an Apprentice, currently based at Harrold Primary Academy. Under the direction of the HR Administrator, you will support the effective delivery of HR services across the Trust, in particular supporting the processes relating to payroll processing, recruitment and selection and employee relations. Through work experience, studying, coaching and training, you will develop extensive HR knowledge and experience.
As you progress through your apprenticeship programme, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge and skills that you will gain from working closely with our experienced HR team who will support and guide you through the process.
To be a strong member of the centralised Trust HR team.
You will attend Bedford College one evening a week.
*Please note that this vacancy may close early due to high volumes of applications*
Other InformationCandidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
- Good standard of IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, e-mail and internet)
- Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and able to deal courteously and helpfully with staff at all levels
- Able to work as part of a flexible and pro-active team
- Calm and efficient even under pressure and in difficult situations
- Ability to organise time and workload effectively
- Good administrative, planning and organisational skills
- Be patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
- Be confident about gathering facts and statistics and making financial calculations
- Enjoy working with people
- Self-motivated and self-reliant with a readiness to learn as well as seek and accept support
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Must work with discretion and confidentiality at all times
- A flexible approach to working hours to ensure requirements are met
- You will need four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4, or equivalent including English and maths
- A level qualifications (Desirable)
Human Resource Management CIPD Level 5 Certificate and Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if not already achieved).
You will also study a range of topics including: Using Information in HR, Employment Law, Reward Management, Developing Professional Practice, Business Issues and the Contexts of HR, Developing Leadership and Management. In additonl to this you will select one of the following HR Specialisms: Core HR, Resourcing, Total Reward, Organisation Development, HR Operations.