Gain a business administration qualification and get exposure to a busy HR & Volunteer department where experience is considered far less important than a ‘can do’ attitude and great customer service skills. This role will give you the experience you need to start your career in HR, volunteer management or general administration.
It’s a busy and varied role which plays a key part in supporting the HR and Volunteer team by providing comprehensive administration through the employee and volunteer life cycle. The team supports 85 members of staff and approximately 800 volunteers, so being passionate about people and possessing the ability to communicate with people from all backgrounds and ages is a must.
By providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders, this role plays an important part behind the scenes to allow the smooth running of the Museum operation and support for all the people who work here.
Your daily duties will include:
- Administrative duties through employee and volunteer lifecycle
- Customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Support staff members
- Behind the scenes running of the Museum
There will be plenty of learning opportunities and a chance to get involved in a variety of projects both within the team and across the wider Museum.
You’ll be joining a Museum team where 93% of the staff team feel their job is worthwhile and 95% of our volunteers look forward to coming to Brooklands to volunteer (from responses to our 2021 staff and volunteer surveys).
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Discounts at our onsite café and shop
- Free onsite parking or short walk from Weybridge train station
- The chance to try our Concorde experience, take a car ride on our historic banking and race in our F1 simulator!
- Discounts or cashback for hundreds of shops online or in store
- Training and Development – aside from the apprenticeship, you will be given access to over 100 eLearning modules on a variety of subjects for our personal development
- Wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme – freephone confidential helpline
The chance to progress to HR & Volunteer Administrator.
- Good communication skills
- Confident liaising with a range of people over the phone, via email and in person
- Confident in using IT systems
- Friendly and approachable
- 'Can do' attitude
- Willing to learn
No previous qualifications are required.
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses.
Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 18 month apprenticeship you will have achieved:
- Level 3 Business Administration