HR Administration Assistant Apprenticeship
National Apprenticeship Service
Your responsibilities in the Pay team will focus on embedding and enhancing the use of the HR system.
You will work with managers and HR Business Partners to ensure that the information held on HR system remains up to date and accurate and will also maintain appropriate HR records, ensuring they are held in compliance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
You will also be the first point of contact for handling IT questions received on HR system and work closely with the System Administrator and the HR system service provider (Midland HR) to ensure that any system issues are addressed appropriately.
- Supporting the iTrent System Administrator with their day to day duties including updating electronic systems, storing and retrieving information, answering queries and resolving any issues
- Alerting Line Managers and HR Business Partners to staff notifications on iTrent relating to temporary promotions, fixed term appointments, career breaks, maternity, etc.
- Managing electronically held HR records to ensure compliance with data protection legislation
- Acting as point of contact for any, either to be resolved internally or escalated as appropriate
- You will work with managers and HR Business Partners to ensure that the information held on HR system remains up to date and accurate maintain appropriate HR records, ensuring they are held in compliance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- You will also be the first point of contact for handling IT questions received on HR system and work closely with the System Administrator and the HR system service provider (Midland HR) to ensure that any system issues are addressed appropriately
- Adhoc duties to support the team
The apprenticeship will last for 18 months. We'll train you in a range of different aspects of our work in HR system and you'll take on real office responsibilities every day. Along the way, you'll be supported by your manager and a mentor. You will also be part of an Acas apprentice network.
Armed with new qualification, transferable skills and all the practical knowledge and experience developed over 18 months, candidate will be ready for a rewarding career within the HR function.
- Some experience of using a HR System
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate work
- Good interpersonal, team working and communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office packages and SharePoint
- A flexible and adaptable approach
A keen interest in working in an office environment particualry with HR and Payroll.
Must have 5 GCSEs at grade C (4) or higher, or the new grade level 4 in English Language and maths (or equivalents).
Training Provider to be confirmed.
Candidate will work towards a City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration qualification plus Functional Skills (if required), which is assessed in the workplace and weekly classroom session.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.