What will the apprentice be doing?
- Deal with customers in a courteous, professional, and knowledgeable way
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse including stock rotation, cleanliness, tidiness and compliance with Health & Safety guidelines.
- Carry out security and compliance checks on all incoming stock and outgoing orders while adhering to stock management guidelines to ensure accuracy
- Carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment and report all defects to the Depot Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Access to the Academy - our in house e-learning system
- Monthly support from external training provider face to face on site or via video call
- Support with Maths and English and other needs where required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are vast opportunities to progress, either within the warehouse or a variety of customer service roles. There is also additional development to support with skills required for our sales, design and management roles.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or D) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or D) Desired