What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service
- Support the wider sales team in generating and chasing leads
- Create quotes
- Process Sales
- Make and receive telephone calls
- Greet and help customers
- Customer account management
- Administration tasks
- Establish customer requirements and recommend products and services to meet these
- Maintain up to date product knowledge
- Develop relationships with customers
- Gain new accounts and repeat business through outgoing calls
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 - Intermediate Apprenticeship
- In house training from depot team
- Access to the Academy - our e-learning system
- Monthly support from external training provider on site and via video calls
- Support with Maths & English and other needs if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are vast opportunities to progress at Howdens. Possibilities include a variety of customer facings roles including business admin, business developer or counter sales. We also offer opportunities for additional development to support with your career goals, such as programmes to learn skills relating to sales, design and management.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or D) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or D) Desired