What will the apprentice be doing?
Demand on the housing options and allocations team is high and in this apprenticeship role you will support the teams to keep on top of the workload whilst also studying towards your Level 3 in Business Administrator apprenticeship. Your duties would include:
- Support the Housing Allocations Team and contribute to the achievement of the team’s objectives and performance targets.
- Maintain the housing register so that records are accurate and up to date, including amending and updating housing register applications in relation to changes in medical records, birthday dates, pregnancies and other changes in records. Other regular or one-off tasks in relation to the day-to-day maintenance of housing register applications.
- Review and monitor housing register applications. Close active or incomplete applications at the request of customers or those that appear redundant. Monitor activity of priority applications and check/verify requested documents that have been supplied. Other regular tasks in relation to day-to-day review and monitoring of applications.
- Support the continuous development of the Housing Options and Allocations Team procedures, information technology and communications systems.
- Ensure that all manual and computer records are maintained for the purpose of providing accurate and up to date information.
- Provide general administrative support to the Housing Options and Allocations Team as required including minute taking, printing, posting, auditing, completion of forms, recording of data, sending emails, face to face contact or telephone contact with other colleagues, external partners or customers.
- Undertake training and research/study to develop knowledge and skills in business administration and in relation to housing allocations and homelessness services.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be studying for the Level 3 Administrator apprenticeship which will be delivered either virtually or face to face at our offices in Banbury.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We actively encourage apprentices to apply for roles within the Council on completion of their apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Flexible
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 - 9) Desired