Are you looking for an administrative apprenticeship in local government, then this is the one for you. This is based in the fast-paced housing department in Dartford Borough Council.
The ideal candidate will support housing officers in the delivery of key housing management functions and assist in the delivery of a customer focussed frontline housing service. Dartford is a diverse and exciting place to work, which is undergoing rapid growth and significant development including a council housing new build programme.
- The post holder will support the day to day running of the Housing Management Team
- Helping to provide a first point of contact for telephone enquiries from the Council’s tenants some of whom may be vulnerable and distressed, thus making a positive confident customer focussed attitude essential
- Minute taking at meetings and for visits undertaken by housing officers
- Assisting with processing forms for anti-social behaviour, mutual exchanges, and alterations of premises
- Updating databases
- Monitoring spreadsheets for ASB
- Scanning and processing incoming post
- Answering emails
- Preparation of standard letters and forms under the direction of the Senior Housing Officer
- Potential for full-time employment for the right candidate
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
- We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date
- You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
- We are minutes away from Dartford Train Station and bus routes are close by.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good time management
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Good keyboard skills and the ability to learn new data systems
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player
GCSE Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C) in English and maths. Or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
- Level 3 Business administrator apprenticeship standard
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.