Excellent Apprentice Starting Wage! £8.36 per hour Apply Today.
We are looking for a House Keeping Apprentice at Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, Meriden (Marriott Hotel & Resorts) who is passionate about creating a lasting memory of comfort and cleanliness for our guests and ready to embark on a career working with talented Marriott Associates, learning how to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
The Housekeeping Apprentices at Marriott Hotels play a vital role in preparing rooms for guest arrivals and creating a lasting memory of comfort and cleanliness. Full training is provided to ensure that rooms are prepared to the appropriate standard. This includes the making of beds, folding of linens and cleaning of bathrooms.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, meals on duty and hotel discounts
Specific duties of Room Attendants include;
- Entering guest rooms should be entered following the appropriate procedure for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering
- Maintaining the highest level of guest privacy and security as per the company standard
- Responding promptly to any other requests from guests or other departments
- Carrying out checks that all appliances are present in the room and in working order, with desk items, furniture and appliances straightened, dusted and polished
- Guest amenities and supplies in rooms should be replaced with clean items. These include dirty linens, room service items, bins and beverage stations
- Walls and furnishings should be inspected for marks or damage which should then be removed or reported as necessary. Carpets vacuumed and any other floor care duties performed (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway)
- At the end of each shift, carts should be replenished with supplies and transported to the assigned area
- Full training will be provided
- Accommodation available if required
- As the company is an international brand the candidate could develop through Marriott Hotels or around the world depending on the opportunities, skills and the candidate
- You may be asked to interview earlier than the closing date and also start earlier than the given start date
- This position will involve working shift work (early mornings, evenings and weekends) on a seven day weekly rota; the shifts will be approximately 8 hours each over 5 days totalling 40 hours per week
- Good communications skills
- Proactive and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Diversity in work relations
- Safety orientation
- Good timekeeping
- Well presented
- Attention to detail
- No formal qualifications required as full training will be given
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship.
Your qualification will be delivered by Babcock Training, who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.