To have a complete knowledge of food and beverage served in the Bars and Lounge. Be conversant in the use of micros systems, operational procedures, and standards of service. Prepare drinks requirements to perfection at all times. Communicate any and all customer complaints as soon as possible to your Manager or Supervisor. Relate with guests is the essence in this Bar / Lounge environment linked to maximum flexibility in all aspects.
- With the St James bar team, ensure the smooth and efficient running of your area and promote a service of excellence to our guests
- Recognize the needs and comfort of the customer throughout all service periods and focus on customer relation and satisfaction – be attentive and professional at all times
- Ensure that you attend all briefings carried out before each service period
- Ensure that you understand and have a thorough knowledge of all menus (including St James’ Bar, Afternoon tea menu, Rose Lounge, and The Balcony) and are fully conversant of the details of all food and beverage products served in the area
- Maintain the highest standard of cleanliness, presentation of furnishings, and the proper set-up of the bars; report any necessary repairs to Bar and Lounge Manager
- Be flexible and carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capacity as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments as required, to meet the demands of business and customer service needs
- Ensure that all guest checks are correctly posted at the end of each service period on Micros, alongside cashiering and duties to this task. You are fully responsible for your stock, with stock controls and price updates in conjunction with your Manager.
- Ensure you are performing all duties correctly, efficiently, and to the best of your ability in accordance with the Standard Operating Manuals
- Present yourself at the beginning of each shift punctually, properly dressed in the correct uniform, and maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene
- Attend training and departmental meetings as required and pass on any relevant information to your colleagues and ensure that they are fully aware of the relevant points discussed.
- Ensure you have a thorough understanding of and adhere to laws and regulations regarding licensing, food safety, health & safety & fire regulations.
If successful in apprenticeship, potential recruitment for the role will be considered. To grow in the bartending world, if performing at a great level to be promoted to Head bartender or Bar Supervisor.
- Customer service skills
- Time management
- Situational awareness
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with difficult situations
- Attention to detail
- An outgoing personality
- Communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team.
None required, but GCSE English and maths may be desirable.
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Full inhouse training provided