Hospitality Team Member - Food & Beverage Apprentice
PERCY R.BREND & SONS(HOTELIERS)LIMITED
HIT TRAINING LTD
On the edge of the lively city of Exeter, the Devon Hotel is popular with visitors and locals alike. The heart of the luxury hotel is an elegant Georgian building, originally a manor house and retaining its historic charm. Here you will find their renowned Carriages restaurant, their welcoming Lounge Bar and four sensational function rooms. The Devon Hotel is part of the award winning Brend Hotel Group.
The Devon have an opportunity for a keen apprentice to join their food and beverage team, learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Qualification.
They are keen to find someone who has aspirations to progress to a Management Training Programme once the Level 2 Qualification has been completed.
The job role will include:
- Serving food
- Setting up and clearing areas of table service
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Complaints and special needs
- Taking orders and payments
- Learning all aspects of bar service
- Wines and cellar work to include line cleaning, cellar operating procedures and deliveries
This role has a lot of development prospects including moving onto a Level 3 qualification. With eleven hotels in the same group there is potential to progress by either staying at the same hotel or moving to another.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Great customer service skills
- Works well as part of a team
- A desire to progress within the hospitality industry
- A good thinker
- Excellent levels of self-presentation
None required, however maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Hospitality Team Member level 2
- Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.