- Take orders
- Prepare drinks
- Open and close the store
- Grind coffee beans
- Clean work areas, coffee machines, equipment, and tables
- Comply with health and safety laws and guidelines
- Provide feedback to management
- Restock the displays
At Coco di Mama our Team’s welcome, advise and inspires the customers with their fantastic product knowledge. They are also the creators of a great environment ensuring that customers experience excellent service in a clean and organised environment throughout their stay. The Team’s also prepare and serve our products ensuring quality and food safety standards are followed at all times.
Proactive in their approach, the Team Member actively seeks opportunities in the shop to improve service standards and sales.
A great Team Member has excellent communication and organising skills. They possess an ability to work quickly, cleanly and have a flexible approach to the job.
You will be trained on all aspects of Coco operations including customer service, Coffee, Kitchen and on our Hot section.
Once you have mastered each section you will be introduced to the basics of store management including stock/cash management, store opening & closing, people management and compliance.
- Competitive hourly rates
- Automatic 25p per hour pay increase upon passing your 3-month probation
- Free staff meals
- Paid breaks
- Wage Stream: Access your wages before pay day
- Amazing growth opportunities and in-house development
- 25% off Ask Italian and Zizzi
- WeCare: Access to 24/7 GP appointments, counselling, and much more!
- Shoes 4 Crews: free shoes delivered within 2 weeks
- WrkIt: discounts on shopping, cinema’s and more
- A bunch of great people to enjoy your day with!
The starting rate of pay is £9ph whilst you train with us (with a 25p increase after your first 3 months). We will teach you all about our business with the opportunity to gain a supervisory role within the year! Our head of Operations started it the kitchen – where will your career take you?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship course, you could remain at Coco di Mama as a full time Team Member, Supervisor, Barista, or Hot Chef dependant on your interest in each of the roles. Following this, you are entitles to follow our career path to become a Kitchen, Assistant, or General Manager and beyond! The possibilities are all down to your own commitment and determination, and we are always keen to see people grow within the Company.
- A clear communicator – ensures excellent communication to the team
- Highly organised – able to organise themselves consistently
- Upbeat and positive – even on those tough days understand that you set the tone on your station
- A role model - be the example that everyone in the shop looks at to understand how to operate
- Have an amazing work ethic – be prepared to work hard and go the extra mile
- Passionate for results – always aims to be the best they can be, demonstrating this through pride in their work
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Barista Apprenticeship
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English (if applicable)