But first...A warm southern WELCOME to Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Our purpose as an employer is to empower our people to find their own secret recipe in life too.
WHAT THE WE CAN OFFER YOU.
We promise to create a work environment where you can feel part of the Colonel's family, a place where you can:
- Be Your Best Self: Learn and grow through on the job training. The Colonel's Apprenticeship programme and other education & career opportunities.
- Make a Difference: We encourage our teams to run great restaurants as if you own it, you're empowered to make a difference for our guests every day.
- Have Fun: We celebrate and recognise each other for achievements (big and small) and have fun while we're at it. A heartfelt thank you means a lot.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Team Member you will be a brand ambassador, wearing the 'swag' with pride while channelling some authentic Southern Hospitality charm.
Your daily duties will include:
- Teamwork - the 'not-so' secret to success is teamwork. Happy teams deliver the very best customer service that our guests deserve. Each day you will be your teammates wing man or woman, get stuck in, and live our people promise of being our Best Self, making a Difference and having Fun
- Hospitality & service - often the 1st point of contact; we'd expect you to welcome our guests with a genuine warmth, and southern hospitality smile, ensuring they're served our world-famous chicken in line with KFC's high brand standard. You will also be responsible for order accuracy guaranteeing our guests get the products they have chosen...even right down to the dips. Our guests are our family and we never want to disappoint them
- It's not too hot to handle - its fast, it's fun and it all goes down in the middle of the house. You'll be 'rocking out' cooking our skin-on-fries, hash and popcorn or whipping up our burgers, wraps sides and salads...all the while keeping the equipment areas clean, tidy & topped up in line with Health & Food safety procedures
- The heart of the kitchen - the Cook has great responsibility. It's the big daddy of a role and it's not for everyone. We know this. It's hot and it takes some grit, but we'd argue it is the most rewarding. You will be responsible for hand preparing and cooking our world-famous chicken to the highest gold standard ensuring it meets our guests' (& yours) finger lickin' good expectations. We may not change lives, but we may feed those that do
- Free staff meals
- 25% staff discount
- Career progression
- Education development through to degree level
- Potential bonus earnings for performance
- Flexible shifts
Alongside your day to day work and training, you will be working towards your Hospitality Team Member - Food and Beverage L2 standard qualification which will be delivered through a blended social learning experience. This includes but is not limited to 1-to-1 visits from your regional trainer, self-study, and remote visits.
The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme which is designed to support you on your chosen career path. Once you are signed up onto the apprenticeship programme, you will be able to get students discounts through an NUS card and you will be earning money while studying towards a nationally recognised qualification.
At KFC, you will be working towards a Hospitality Team Member - Food and Beverage Level 2 apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Potential for ongoing training and development following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
We believe in valuing people for their potential, so no experience necessary, we'll coach you what you need to know. It's our thing. All we need is someone who lives The Colonel's Values and genuinely cares about making a difference that people can feel.
At KFC, you will need to be driven to succeed and determined to progress and develop within your role. We are looking for someone who has:
No qualifications are required for this role.
- Hospitality Team Member - Food and Beverage L2 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths