This is a position for someone looking to get an experience within both the kitchen & the bar / front of house.
Candidate will be expected within the kitchen to help with food preparation of hot & cold produce, maintaining high level of food hygiene and following all company polices & procedures. Within the bar area candidates are expected to help prepare guests beverages, maintain a clean working surface, learn how our cocktails are prepared, measured & poured. Keep fridges stocked & have the ability to use our EPOS till system.
Front of house role will include welcoming guests, showing them to tables & being the perfect host to their experience within our establishment. Also help with the clearing & cleaning of tables.
List of duties to include:
- Ensuring compliance to sanitation, hygiene, health & safety legislation and organisational & quality requirements
- Assist in the preparation of beverages, both hot and cold
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of food
- Assist with general hosting duties
- Assist in the quality management of food and beverages
- Effective liaison, support and assistance with the remainder of organisation
- Assist generally in the kitchen/bar as directed
- Maintaining accurate records and accounts as required and agreed
- Help set an example for other kitchen team members of commitment, work ethic and habits and personal character
- Responsibly use resources and help control expenses
- Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
Full time contract within the Kitchen/Bar/Front of house.
- Busy workplace
- A kitchen environment
- Able to work under pressure
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Ability to work within a team
- To be able to follow instructions as given by line manager
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication
- Wanting to learn
- Bubbly personality
Good basic education.
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required