Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Intermediate (Level 2)
Lifetime Training Group
But first...A warm southern WELCOME to Kentucky Fried Chicken. Our world-famous chicken restaurant brand all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who created a finger lickin' good recipe more than 75 years ago, a list of secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of the door to his kitchen. He started travelling by car to different restaurants and cooked his fried chicken on the spot for restaurant owners. He did this at the age of 65. If the owner liked the chicken, they would enter into a handshake agreement to sell the Colonel's chicken. Legend has it that Colonel Sanders heard 1009 "No's" before he heard his first yes. The Colonel's story still inspires us today. It reminds us how grit, perseverance, dedication and ambition along with hard work can create success; regardless of your age or where you come from.
Our purpose as an employer is to empower our people to find their own secret recipe in life too.
WHAT THE WE CAN OFFER YOU.
We promise to create a work environment where you can feel part of the Colonel's family, a place where you can:
- Be Your Best Self: Learn and grow through on the job training. The Colonel's Apprenticeship programme and other education & career opportunities.
- Make a Difference: We encourage our teams to run great restaurants as if you own it, you're empowered to make a difference for our guests every day;
- Have Fun: We celebrate and recognise each other for achievements (big and small) and have fun while we're at it. A heartfelt thank you means a lot.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
- As a Team Member you will be a brand ambassador, wearing the 'swag' with pride while channelling some authentic Sothern Hospitality charm.
Your daily duties will include:
- Teamwork - the 'not-so' secret to success is teamwork. Happy teams deliver the very best customer service that our guests deserve. Each day you will be your teammates wing man or woman, get stuck in, and live our people promise of being our Best Self, making a Difference and having Fun
- Hospitality & service - often the 1st point of contact; we'd expect you to welcome our guests with a genuine warmth, and southern hospitality smile, ensuring they're served our world-famous chicken in line with KFC's high brand standard. You will also be responsible for order accuracy guaranteeing our guests get the products they have chosen...even right down to the dips. Our guests are our family and we never want to disappoint them
- It's not too hot to handle - its fast, it's fun and it all goes down in the middle of the house. You'll be 'rocking out' cooking our skin-on-fries, hash and popcorn or whipping up our burgers, wraps sides and salads...all the while keeping the equipment areas clean, tidy & topped up in line with Health & Food safety procedures
- The heart of the kitchen - the Cook has great responsibility. It's the big daddy of a role and it's not for everyone. We know this. It's hot and it takes some grit, but we'd argue it is the most rewarding. You will be responsible for hand preparing and cooking our world-famous chicken to the highest gold standard ensuring it meets our guests' (& yours) finger lickin' good expectations. We may not change lives, but we may feed those that do
- Free staff meals
- 25% staff discount
- Career progression
- Education development through to degree level
- Potential bonus earnings for performance
- Flexible shifts
Potential for on-going training and development following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
WHAT WE'D LOVE FROM YOU We believe in valuing people for their potential, so no experience necessary, we'll coach you what you need to know. It's our thing. All we need is someone who lives The Colonel's Values and genuinely cares about making a difference that people can feel:
No previous qualifications required.
- Hospitality Team Member Level 2
- Functional Skills in Maths and English
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
Just ask anyone who works here. Their happiness is really important to us. Which is why we're always excited to be voted one of the UK's 50 Great Places To Work year on year. And even more excited we've been awarded Britain's Top Employer for 2012! So it's official, a job with us is a great one. Why? We think it's because we give our people the support they need to go for the big things they want in life, like a career, studying for exams or fitting a job around raising a family.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.