What will the apprentice be doing?
EG Group are launching their new hospitality apprenticeship scheme and are offering fantastic opportunities to start your career with them as a Greggs Team Member!
As a Greggs Team Member, you will have a range of duties including:
- Engaging with customers, delivering a fast and friendly service
- Preparing famous much-loved Greggs products
- Completing stock rotations
- Working in compliance with Food Safety and Health and Safety
- Policies and procedures
· being part of a friendly team that loves to work together to ensure your store looks great and each customer leaves feeling happy.
You will be completing a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship with Babcock Training. You’ll be working hard in your role and achieving your apprenticeship, but we’ll give you time to spend on your studies and lots of support too with regular 1-1 sessions with a dedicated trainer and regular assessments.
If you are dedicated and passionate about having a career in hospitality then the apprenticeship scheme is perfect for you.
Benefits & Rewards
You will get all the benefits of working at Greggs and an apprenticeship qualification too. Here are some exciting benefits you can take advantage of
· Recognised apprenticeship qualification
· Paid annual leave allowance
· Free on shift food & beverages
· Food to Go Discounts – 15% off Greggs, KFC, Starbucks, Subway, Burger King & much more
· Entitled to a NUS card
· Discount partnerships – retail, food, home, garden, electronics & much more
· Quarterly bonus incentive
· Contracted hours
· Guaranteed shifts
· Progression & career opportunities
· Life assurance
· Employee assistance programme
· Recognition rewards
· Learning & development opportunities
· Work anniversary awards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
To become an apprentice, you must:
- Be 16 or over
- Not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career or want a change. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- Have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- Learn and train for a specific job
- Get paid and receive holiday leave
- Get direct experience in a real job
- Study for at least 20% of your working hours
- Complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- Be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a great opportunity to start your career as a Greggs Team Member. Within your first year you could become one of our Team Leaders and within 5 years you could become a Regional Manager. We pride ourselves on training, development and progression so this application is just the start!
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-F/1-9) Desired