Full coverage of running the food, making and delivering of drinks and condiments from the dispense bar, servicing and maintaining the Breakfast buffet whilst maintaining all Back of House areas to a clean and tidy standard. You will also assist the Chef de Rang as requested. Attend as required meetings and training sessions.
- To understand and be committed to the minimum standards of The Restaurant and Sofitel St James
- Attitude is to be second to none so ensure a friendly, professional, helpful, and courteous service to the customer at all times: and the same to your colleagues
- Provide effective delivery of Food from the kitchen to restaurant station in a timely manner
- Provide effective delivery of Buffet food; maintain quantity and quality throughout service
- Collect and clean equipment for all aspects of Mise en place. Resetting of the table.
- Take accountability for restaurant and hotel handling properties
- To ensure all beverages and condiments are prepared and sent out in a timely manner and up to the Restaurant standards
- Ensure all operating areas of Back of House are kept clean and tidy at all the time
- Ensure all storage areas are kept clean and tidy at all the time
- To ensure that you are present for briefings carried out before each service period
- To ensure complete & thorough menu knowledge of the food & beverage items for the Restaurant
- To maintain the highest standard of cleanliness, presentation of furnishings, and the proper set up of the Floor and Buffet (from Breakfast to late diners), kitchen pass, and dispensing areas, report any problems and repairs to your Manager
- To be flexible and carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capacity as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments as required, to meet the demands of business and customer service needs
- To inform the Chef de Rang or Managers of guest’s comments or requirements if he/she cannot personally resolve them immediately
- To adhere to all Health & Safety, Emergency, Fire and Hygiene procedures in accordance with company policy and government regulations (see below)
- Maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness and hygiene at all times. Grooming standards
- To ensure proper handover is done at the end of your shift
If successful in apprenticeship, potential recruitment for the role will be considered.
Restaurant skills are advantageous but full training will be given on the job.
- To be honest, trustworthy, tolerant, and punctual
- To be self-motivated and willing to learn
None required, but GCSE English and Maths may be desirable.
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Full in house training provided