The Dice Box Board Game Café in Leamington Spa is seeking an enthusiastic individual to work in their kitchen. They are a busy and vibrant business that is very niche. They take pride in their food and drink menu as much as they take pride in their board games! The right candidate should be energetic, show initiative and be prepared to work in a team.
The role includes the following:
- Take food and drink orders from customers
- Respond to customer needs
- Deliver our high level of customer service to all our customers
- Following The Dice Box’s policies and procedures, including those for money handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Providing quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards
- Follows health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products and maintain high level of food hygiene
- Ensure your workspace is tidy and everything kept in its place.
- Ensuring regular and punctual attendance
Available to work flexible hours. Hours will often be weekend and evening hours.
All members of staff play for free at The Dice Box and will receive discounts in the shop. Discounted food and drink during shifts also.
Salary is £5.10 per hour.
The Dice Box is currently in the process of launching as a Franchise business. In the future for the right candidate there will be many opportunities for career progression. They want to have a team that grows with The Dice Box and who really care about their values and customers
Are you willing to work mainly evenings and weekend shifts?
Can you manage on the salary?
Can you travel home safely after a late shift (approx 11pm)?
- Good communication skills
- Friendly disposition
- High level of cleanliness
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a team environment
- Understanding of a professional environment
- Be able to work on initiative
None required but you will be asked to take English and maths Assessments as part of the recruitment process and to obtain a minimum of Entry Level 3 which is GCSE Grade E/F or 1/2 (or equivalent) in order to undertake the apprenticeship.
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Depending on your role within the department, you may specialise in a particular area, but the skills you learn on this apprenticeship will allow you to work across all different areas which you may be required to support during busy periods. You will develop your knowledge of the industry and gain the skills that will ensure your customers feel well looked after and have a great experience.
You will have excellent communication skills and will learn techniques on how to deal with a variety of people in a professional, polite, and friendly manner. Following completion of this apprenticeship there may be opportunities for career progression and further study at a higher level.