The role is very varied and, although hospitality team members tend to specialise in an area, they have to be adaptable and ready to support colleagues across the business, for example during busy periods.
Specialist areas to choose from:
- Food and beverage service
- Alcoholic beverage service (apprentices that specialise in alcoholic beverages select one of the three options: wine, beer/cask ale, cocktails/mixology)
- Conference and Events Operations
The most important part of the role is developing fantastic hospitality skills and knowledge such as recognising customer needs, knowing how to match them to the products and services of the business and working as part of a team to ensure that every customer, whether they are eating in a restaurant, drinking cocktails in a bar, ordering room service or attending a business conference, feels welcomed and looked after.
Progression from this apprenticeship is expected to be onto a hospitality supervisory or team leading role.
£18k-£21k PLUS £1,500 incentive payment on completion of apprenticeship
- Exceptional customer service is a must
- You can talk confidently to the customers about our products, values and history
- Show your passion for the brand to every customer and convey what makes us unique
- Deal with hiccups from time to time
- Practice transparency and use effective communication to deal with curveballs
- Enjoy the energy and pace of a restaurant
- Happy to be on your feet all day and shift through the gears when the demand dictates a little more haste
- Use our systems and structures to deliver A to B
- Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths if required