Each of the front of house family will show the apprentice everything from social media, the booking and reservation process to the section service for lunch and dinner service and even spend time with the kitchen team to learn the importance of the produce. The apprentice will be expected to give every aspect equal care and attention. The candidate will receive support and training throughout the role.
Daily duties will include:
- Helping to prepare and maintain the setting of the restaurant
- To ensure a wonderful impression is given to our customers
- Learning to work as a team during Lunch and dinner service
- Making drinks
- Learning our menu as well as our Epos systems within the company
We ask you join us with a positive and passionate approach, and we can teach you the rest.
Excellent customer service is so important to us.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship there is a possibility of a future job role.
The restaurant is open 7 days a week, so the weekends and late nights.
- Able to listen
- Bubbly Personality
- GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent
Hospitality team member Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Know the business vision and values, its main competitors, how it fits into the wider hospitality industry and how own area of work contributes to achieving business targets
- Know the products / services that are offered by the business, their prices and special offers and how to match them to customers’ needs
- Understand the importance of meeting, and where possible, exceeding customer expectations in line with the business / brand standards
- Wine service: Know a variety of wine styles and popular grape varieties, their basic characteristics, basic wine and food pairing in line with the menu, information that will help inform customers, equipment required to store and serve wines and conditions required for optimum wine quality
- Beer / Cask Ale: Know a variety of beers, including bottled, keg and cask ales, their characteristics, basic food pairing in line with the menu, information that will help inform customers, the equipment required to store and serve them and conditions required for optimum quality and the correct cellar procedures and conditions Cocktails / Mixology:
- Know the main categories of cocktails, including common base ingredients, methods of preparing and serving them, how ingredients and equipment should be stored and information that will help inform customers
- Deliver excellent customer service in line with the business / brand standards with the aim of exceeding customer expectations
- Carefully handle payments, transactions, stock and packaging to minimise unnecessary financial loss
- Actively promote the unique selling points of the business and special offers available and promotions to customers
- Wine service: Provide accurate information on the wine menu, make basic recommendations to customers based on menu, serve and store wine in the correct manner and use specialist equipment for preparing and serving wine appropriately
- Beer / Cask Ale: Provide accurate information on beers, including bottled, keg and cask ales; make recommendations to customers based on menu, serve and store beer and cask ales in the correct manner and use specialist equipment appropriately
- Help ensure that the correct cellar conditions are maintained to preserve the quality of the beer / cask ale
- Cocktails / Mixology: Provide accurate information on the cocktail menus to customers, prepare cocktails using a range of ingredients and methods and adjust the cocktail to customers’ taste and preference
- Ensure ingredients are stored correctly and use specialist equipment appropriately
- Take a responsible approach to the preparation, sale and service of food and beverages for example in relation to safe handling and storage, and accurately communicating the contents of products
- Demonstrate high personal hygiene standards and clean workstation ethic at all times
- Be highly organised and has the ability to multitask whilst maintaining an engaging, friendly and helpful attitude to customers
- Pay attention to detail and have high standards of cleanliness and presentation. Work in a discreet manner and maintain customer confidentiality