It’s our ‘other’ SECRET. The colonel has taught us that there is a Right Way to do things. It isn’t always easy, but it’s always better. We lead with the heart and we Care Hard about making our team members feel part of the family and have fun while we are at it. We’re a people business that happens to serve chicken and chips.
We Care Hard about you, your development and your journey with us. In return we’ll ask you to roll up your sleeves, get stuck in and treat our guests as family. It’s what the colonel would do.
WHAT THE WE CAN OFFER YOU
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. You’ll receive comprehensive training and excellent opportunities to grow your career.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Team Leader you will be the Restaurant General Manager (RGM) “wingman” or woman supporting the RGM with leading and developing a diverse team and culture within the restaurant. We encourage you to be your own authentic self, whom may love Chicken & Chips, but above all else, you will have a guest first mindset with the autonomy to run the restaurant as if it were you own.
Your daily duties will include:
- Our People - our people are super important to us, we say they are just as important to us, as our guests. As a TL you’ll care about making a difference to each team member’s personal growth, their development and supporting them on the right way to do things. You will play a pivotal role in building a competent team, who can have fun together, but who will roll up their sleeves when it ‘hot’ in the kitchen.
- Satisfied Guest – If you know anything about KFC, you will know that we care hard about guests, serving each one as if they are family! Never wanting to disappoint our guests, you’ll be leading by example (Obvs) and training the team to be ‘guest maniacs’ serving accurate, hot meals, with a friendly smile. You’ll help train the team to be ready, willing and able to help our guests with any questions they may have when ordering at our digital touch screen kiosks, whilst maintaining high cleanliness standards.
- You’ll have the skills to ‘make it right’ if anything ever goes wrong with the guest experience, and you will work with restaurant management to review guest feedback and make the experience better and better. Consider yourself a fun guy or women, as a TL - you will be empowered to use your imagination and help the team create “feel good” moments that bring a little joy to every visit.
- Chicken… Sales!
- The Colonel had many jobs, first and foremost, he was a chicken salesman. He loved to sell Chicken, and we continue his legacy by sharing the same passion, to sell his unique Chicken.
- So much so, that we believe every occasion is a potential fried chicken one. As a trusted “wingman” or woman, you’ll help your RGM plan for every potential opportunity, anything from your local community events through to direct competition; you’ll always be thinking about what might help your team sell more of the Colonel’s good stuff, finding ways to improve operational standards and the guest experience.
It’s your business!
If you’ve dreamed of running your own restaurant…the role of the TL will give you first-hand experience.
You’ll roll up your sleeves and get stuck into the daily, weekly and monthly business reports for your restaurant supporting your RGM with profit analysis. After all, you’ll want to know what drives the sales in your restaurant to expand elevate your sales and continue to smash your /team targets.
You will have a strong understanding of how to control costs including people deployment and making sure we’re on target.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly, performance-related bonus
- Pension contribution scheme
- 25% staff discount
- Income protection scheme
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Education development through to degree level
- Potential bonus earnings for performance
- Flexible shift
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) with increased holiday entitlement (dependent on years of service)
Wage - £9.11 an hour.
At KFC you will be working towards a Hospitality Supervisor Outlets Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Ongoing training and development following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
We are looking for someone with experience of leading a team in the workplace, ideally in a hospitality or retail environment, with the following skills
- A proven track record of improving the guest experience
- An understanding profit and loss and cost management
- Experience with decision making and leadership o Previous experience of implementing ideas and delivering creative change in the workplace
- Passionate o Excellent communication skills
- Consistent and proven customer service skill
At KFC, you will need to be driven to succeed and determined to progress and develop within your role. We are looking for someone who is:
- Great in a leadership role
- A flexible approach to work hours and shifts
No previous qualifications required.
- Hospitality Team Leader Level 3
- Functional Skills in maths and English