OUR RESTAURANT CULTURE.
It's our 'other' SECRET. The colonel has taught us that there is a Right Way to do things. It isn't always easy, but it's always better. We lead with the heart and we Care Hard about making our team members feel part of the family and have fun while we are at it. We're a people business that happens to serve chicken and chips.
We Care Hard about you, your development and your journey with us. In return we'll ask you to roll up your sleeves, get stuck in and treat our guests as family. It's what the colonel would do.
WHAT THE WE CAN OFFER YOU.
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. You'll receive comprehensive training and excellent opportunities to grow your career. Not only that we encourage our teams to have fun together too so expect some social nights out and team pots that can be spent on social events throughout the year
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE.
As a Team Leader you will be the Restaurant General Manager (RGM), "wingman" or woman supporting the RGM with leading and developing a diverse team and culture within the restaurant. We encourage you to be your own authentic self, whom may love Chicken & Chips, but above all else, you will have a guest first mindset with the autonomy to run the restaurant as if it were you own.
Your daily duties will include:
- Our People - our people are super important to us, we say they are just as important to us, as our guests. As a TL you'll care about making a difference to each team member's personal growth, their development and supporting them on the right way to do things. You will play a pivotal role in building a competent team, who can have fun together, but whom will roll up their sleeves when it 'hot' in the kitchen
- Satisfied Guest - If you know anything about KFC, you will know that we care hard about guests, serving each one as if they are family! Never wanting to disappoint our guests, you'll be leading by example (Obvs) and training the team to be 'guest maniacs' serving accurate, hot meals, with a friendly smile. You'll help train the team to be ready, willing and able to help our guests with any questions they may have when ordering at our digital touch screen kiosks, whilst maintaining high cleanliness standards
- Chicken... Sales!
The Colonel had many jobs, first and foremost, he was a chicken salesman. He loved to sell Chicken, and we continue his legacy by sharing the same passion, to sell his unique Chicken.
So much so, that we believe every occasion is a potential fried chicken one. As a trusted "wingman" or woman, you'll help your RGM plan for every potential opportunity, anything from your local community events through to direct competition; you'll always be thinking about what might help your team sell more of the Colonel's good stuff, finding ways to improve operational standards and the guest experience.
You will have a strong understanding of how to control costs including people deployment and making sure we're on target.
You will ensure best practice around all cash handling and in-store banking procedures.
Every job has got to have some admin (Yawn or Yay - you decide!) - the admin part of your role will be assisting your RGM completing all daily paperwork. Our chicken is too good to waste so taking care that teams prepare what is needed and keep waste to a minimum is helpful too.
Lastly, making sure our restaurants are fully stocked is important, you'll help by making sure that we keep an eye on stock levels, order the correct supplies, and check all deliveries so that we never disappoint our fans by running out of their favourites.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly, performance-related bonus
- Pension contribution scheme
- 25% staff discount
- Income protection scheme
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Education development through to degree level
- Potential bonus earnings for performance
- Flexible shift
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) with increased holiday entitlement (dependent on years of service)
At KFC, you will be working towards a Hospitality Supervisor Level 3 apprenticeship standard over the course of 15-months.
Ongoing training and development within KFC as well as through the apprenticeship training programme.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
We are looking for someone with experience of leading a team in the workplace, ideally in a hospitality or retail environment, with the following qualities:
- A proven track record of improving the guest experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Consistent and proven customer service skills
- An understanding profit and loss and cost management
- Experience with decision making and leadership
- Previous experience of implementing ideas and delivering creative change in the workplace
At KFC, you will need to be driven to succeed and determined to progress and develop within your role. We are looking for someone who is:
- Great in a leadership role
- A flexible approach to work hours and shifts
No qualifications are required for this role.
- Hospitality Supervisor - Outlets L3 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in maths and English