Hospitality Team Leader Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
Lifetime Training Group
OUR RESTAURANT CULTURE
It's our 'other' SECRET. The colonel has taught us that there is a Right Way to do things. It isn't always easy, but it's always better. We lead with the heart and we Care Hard about making our team members feel part of the family and have fun while we are at it. We're a people business that happens to serve chicken and chips.
We Care Hard about you, your development and your journey with us. In return we'll ask you to roll up your sleeves, get stuck in and treat our guests as family. It's what the colonel would do.
WHAT THE WE CAN OFFER YOU
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. You'll receive comprehensive training and excellent opportunities to grow your career. Not only that we encourage our teams to have fun together too so expect some social nights out and team pots that can be spent on social events throughout the year
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Team Leader you will be the Restaurant General Manager (RGM) "wingman" or woman supporting the RGM with leading and developing a diverse team and culture within the restaurant. We encourage you to be your own authentic self, who may love Chicken & Chips, but above all else, you will have a guest first mindset with the autonomy to run the restaurant as if it were you own.
Your daily duties will include:
Our People - our people are super important to us, we say they are just as important to us, as our guests. As a TL you'll:
- Care about making a difference to each team member's personal growth, their development and supporting them on the right way to do things
- You will play a pivotal role in building a competent team, who can have fun together, but who will roll up their sleeves when it 'hot' in the kitchen
Satisfied Guest - If you know anything about KFC, you will know that we care hard about guests, serving each one as if they are family! Never wanting to disappoint our guests:
- You'll be leading by example (Obvs) and training the team to be 'guest maniacs' serving accurate, hot meals, with a friendly smile
- You'll help train the team to be ready, willing and able to help our guests with any questions they may have when ordering at our digital touch screen kiosks, whilst maintaining high cleanliness standards
- You'll have the skills to 'make it right' if anything ever goes wrong with the guest experience, and you will work with restaurant management to review guest feedback and make the experience better and better
- Consider yourself a fun guy or women, as a TL - you will be empowered to use your imagination and help the team create "feel good" moments that bring a little joy to every visit
The Colonel had many jobs, first and foremost, he was a chicken salesman. He loved to sell Chicken, and we continue his legacy by sharing the same passion, to sell his unique Chicken.
So much so, that we believe every occasion is a potential fried chicken one. As a trusted "wingman" or woman:
- You'll help your RGM plan for every potential opportunity, anything from your local community events through to direct competition
- you'll always be thinking about what might help your team sell more of the Colonel's good stuff, finding ways to improve operational standards and the guest experience
It's your business
If you've dreamed of running your own restaurant...the role of the TL will give you first-hand experience:
- You'll roll up your sleeves and get stuck into the daily, weekly and monthly business reports for your restaurant supporting your RGM with profit analysis
- After all, you'll want to know what drives the sales in your restaurant to expand elevate your sales and continue to smash your /team targets
- You will have a strong understanding of how to control costs including people deployment and making sure we're on target
- You will ensure best practice around all cash handling and in-store banking procedures
Every job has got to have some admin (Yawn or Yay - you decide!) - the admin part of your role will be:
- Assisting your RGM completing all daily paperwork
- Our chicken is too good to waste so taking care that teams prepare what is needed and keep waste to a minimum is helpful too
- Lastly, making sure our restaurants are fully stocked is important, you'll help by making sure that we keep an eye on stock levels, order the correct supplies, and check all deliveries so that we never disappoint our fans by running out of their favourites
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly, performance-related bonus
- Pension contribution scheme
- 25% staff discount
- Income protection scheme
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Education development through to degree level
- Potential bonus earnings for performance
- Flexible shifts
Ongoing training and development following successful completion of the apprenticeship
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020 The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
WHAT WE'D LOVE FROM YOU If you have some, or a lot of experience, and you are cluckin' excited to join KFC Apply now... there might just be a seat for you at the Colonel's table.
No previous qualifications required
- Hospitality Supervisor Level 3
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
Just ask anyone who works here. Their happiness is really important to us. Which is why we're always excited to be voted one of the UK's 50 Great Places To Work year on year. And even more excited we've been awarded Britain's Top Employer for 2012! So it's official, a job with us is a great one. Why? We think it's because we give our people the support they need to go for the big things they want in life, like a career, studying for exams or fitting a job around raising a family.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.