Workplace description: Set in a fabulous location on the edge of the River Teign at Shaldon with beautiful private gardens and magnificent views, the atmosphere of the pub is warm, friendly and welcoming with thoughtful service to make our customers feel truly at home.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain Food & Beverage standards across the Shipwright
- To ensure the department is adequately staffed in line with business levels.
- To ensure that our guests are served efficiently with quality food and drink in a relaxed atmosphere and receive the highest possible standard of care
- To maintain effective communication with the Kitchen.
- To maximise revenue generated through selling techniques and good control procedures
- To assist with and monitor departmental training and coaching
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the team to create a warm and welcoming environment for our guests
- Ensure that guests are seated and provided with menus promptly
- Ensure that all guests requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and an exceptional service is delivered to guests at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the menu and as much information about the food and beverage offering available in order to answer any questions guests may have
- Take food and beverage orders and ensure that orders are communicated accurately and drinks served correctly
- Ensure an efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders.
- Set up, clear and tables promptly after use to ensure that guests can be seated in a timely manner
- Ensure the restaurant areas are clean and well presented at all times and assist with cleaning and housekeeping duties as required
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times and ensure that any guest complaints and comments are reported to management
- Ensure all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out in line with agreed procedures and training.
- Prepare all back of house service points with regard to expected numbers for breakfast, lunch or dinner requirements as necessary
- Support the kitchen staff as and when required and in accordance with hygiene and safety regulations including washing up
- Ensure that all front of house and guest areas are well maintained at all times
Any other duties as directed by the Restaurant & Bar Manager or other member of the management team
You will receive a full induction into the work place, training on the job .
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- Hospitality Supervisor Food and Beverage
- You must be friendly, approachable, well-mannered and well presented!
- You must be an excellent time keeper with great communication skills, be willing to work hard and well as part of a team.
- You need to be able to remain calm during busy periods and work with confidence
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings and bank holidays as required.
Future Prospectscontinuation of employment continuation of employment and training
Qualities Requiredpunctuality/attention to detail, willing to learn
Qualifications RequiredGrades c (4) or above in maths and english is an advantage but not essential. This will be assessed at the start of the qualification
Training ProvidedLevel 3 Hospitality Supervisor Food and Beverage