Supervisors are vital to support management teams and can independently supervise hospitality services and run shifts, so the ability to think proactively is important. They typically work well under pressure delivering top-class customer service, and the ability to motivate a team is essential to their role. The core set of supervisors’ skills and knowledge are the same regardless of the setting, but supervisors may specialise in specific functions or work across a variety of areas of the business reflecting the multifunctional nature of the industry.
- Provide direction to hospitality staff and motivating and supporting them to achieve the objectives of the team as well as their personal work objectives.
- Bring together organisation and staffing resources in a constructive way to improve customer service.
- Checking equipment, obtaining supplies, monitoring the use of resources and keeping records.
Progression from this apprenticeship could be into a hospitality management position.
£21k - £25k PLUS £1,500 incentive payment on completion of apprenticeship.
- Exceptional customer service is a must.
- Rally the troops. Lead your team and guide them to their best potential. Be fair but firm. Know the boundaries between manager and team members but get to know your team, learn from them and listen to their thoughts; they are your best assets to achieve your role effectively.
- Master of your class. Show your passion for the brand to every customer and convey what makes us unique.
- Deal with any issues head-on; your action will set the standards for the rest of the team. Practice transparency and use effective communication to deal with the curveballs thrown your way.
- Use our systems and structures to deliver A to B.
- You can talk confidently to the customers about our products, values and history.
- Enjoy the energy and pace of a restaurant. Happy to be active all day and shift through the gears when the demand dictates a little more haste. Show your team the way.
- Hospitality Supervisor level 3
- English and Maths if required