Hospitality managers work across a huge variety of organisations including bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centers, banqueting venues, hotels and contract caterers. These managers generally specialise in a particular area, however their core knowledge, skills and behaviors are aligned. Common to all managers in the hospitality sector is their passion for exceeding customers’ expectations. Hospitality managers have a high level of responsibility and are accountable for fulfilling the business vision and objectives; this requires excellent business, people and customer relations skills.
Individuals in a hospitality management role are highly motivated team leaders that combine a talent for management with specific industry skills and they thrive on the customer-facing nature of the role.
- Progression from this apprenticeship could be into a senior management position.
£25k-£30k. PLUS £1,500 incentive payment on completion of apprenticeship
- Exceptional customer service is a must.
- Talk confidently to the customers about our products, values and history.
- Rally the troops. Lead your team and guide them to their best potential. Be fair but firm. Know the boundaries between manager and team members but get to know your team, learn from them and listen to their thoughts; they are your best assets to achieve your role effectively.
- Master of your class. Show your passion for the brand to every customer and convey what makes us unique.
- Deal with any issues head-on; your action will set the standards for the rest of the team. Practice transparency and use effective communication to deal with curveballs.
- Enjoy the energy and pace of a restaurant. Happy to be on your feet all day and shift through the gears when the demand dictates a little more haste. Show your team the way.
- Commercially savvy, you write rotas that ensure an efficient operation. Reactive to change you can flex your team for the best financial results. You report your spending and income with detail each week.
- Use our systems and structure to deliver A to B. Refine these systems and challenge our norms.
- Hospitality Manager Level 4
- English and Maths if required