Hospitality Assistant Apprenticeship - Intermediate (Level 2)
Avante Care and Support
Do you want to gain practical hands on skills alongside academic studies?
Are you looking for a well-defined career path with continuous training and development?
This could be the perfect opportunity for you! What does this role involve? As part of this role you will:
- Comply with catering regulations in respect of hygiene and Health and Safety procedures
- Attend training sessions/courses necessary in the performance of these duties
- Plan menus by involving residents, care service staff and dietician (where necessary)
- Ensure that meals have a high nutritional value
- Ensure that food is prepared in clean and safe conditions, free from dirt, germs, insects, vermin, odour, etc.
- Ensuring that catering staff work within the regulations stipulated in “Hygiene (General) Regulations 1970”, “The Food Act 1984” and “The Food Safety Act 1990”
- Assist at mealtimes and maintain the kitchen and dining rooms
You will have real duties from early on in your career and the opportunity to learn something new every day. As a trusted member of the team you will support your colleagues to run the kitchen effectively, whilst developing skills in an extremely varied environment, alongside a team of motivated people who will support you. You will gain experience in all activities from preparing meals and nutrition, to health and safety regulation.
- Once you have completed your level 2 qualification you will be eligible for advanced level Apprenticeship opportunities
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn
- GCSE's grade 4-9/C-A* in English and maths or equivalent are desired but not essential
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 12-month apprenticeship you will have achieved:
- Level 2 Hospitality and Food Production
- Functional skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.