Reception dept duties:
- Greet customers at check-in
- You will be the face of the hotel ensuring customers have a warm welcoming experience when checking in or if they have queries when staying with us
- Provide a professional level of customer service at all times
- Take telephone and email bookings.
- Inform guests about room types, prices and hotel facilities
- Maximise room occupancy over the phone and manage online booking queries, training provided on booking platforms e.g. booking.com and expedia.com
- Accurately performing all cashiering activities, such as taking all payment upon check-in (cash, debit, or credit card)
- Other admin including conducting fire safety tests.
- Give advice to guests on services or the local area
- Assist other areas of the hotel including housekeeping duties
Ideally, we are looking for an apprentice who will grow and progress within the business to become a permanent team member.
Please consider how you will get to work each day.
You will need to have a smart appearance.
There will be some weekend and bank holiday work.
- Ideally, you will have knowledge of using email platforms and Microsoft Office
- You should be confident about using a telephone in a great telephone manner
- You will have great communication skills, both written and verbal
- We are looking for an apprentice with a positive attitude who is friendly
- You should be comfortable completing individual tasks as well as working as part of a team
- You should have a smart appearance
You should have a good standard of Maths and English GCSE - ideally 4/C or above. There may be a possibility of studying towards equivalent qualifications as part of your apprenticeship depending on personal circumstances.
- Hospitality Team Member Level 2 apprenticeship
- There is the possibility of studying towards Maths and English qualifications if you have not already achieved them. This is dependant on personal circumstances