- The placement will focus on working in our award-winning restaurant. Training and supervision will be given ‘on the job’
- Students will learn how a successful fine dining restaurant operates, as well as gaining further knowledge of wine and English cheeses
- There will be an opportunity to have insight into business meetings, events, weddings, and private dining functions which are held at Baslow Hall
- In the course of the placement, there will be a limited time spent in reception and housekeeping in order to get a full picture of the business
There is potential for permanent employment on sucessful completion of your apprenticeship.
Due to our rural location your own transport is advisable, however limited bus services are available.
Basic accommodation can be provided at Baslow Hall, depending on availability.
- You should have a passion for hospitality, and gaining experience in a fine dining establishment
- Reliable, friendly, and polite
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- A good standard of English and Maths, ideally grade C/4 or above (or the equivalent)
- You may be able to study towards equivalent qualifications if you have not achieved these alongside your apprenticeship, dependant on personal circumstances
- Hospitality team member standard (Food and Beverage Route) Level 2