The Tipsy Cow Bar is an established neighbourhood casual dining bar and restaurant operation that is starting to expand!
We are passionate about customer service and wanting to provide an excellent customer experience, making people happy, and working as part of a small team are essentials - the rest can be learned.
We currently have one operation in Charminster and are in the process of opening a second in Bournemouth Town Centre so it is an exciting time to be joining the business!
The ideal candidate will enjoy making people happy and want to develop a career in the hospitality industry.
Your daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Helping to set the bar and restaurant up in the morning, and keeping it clean and tidy throughout the day, and at the end of the night
- Welcoming and looking after customers, making their drinks for them, and serving food and drinks
- Checking back with customers, and dealing with any requests
- Making sure customers are billed correctly and taking payment
- Learning how to make and serve a range of drinks including coffees, pouring draught and bottled beers, serving wines and making cocktails
- Learning how to manage and control stock and cash
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a comfortable casual staff uniform T shirt, offer flexible working hours ( which will include evenings and weekends to cover the needs of the business ) and a structured training programme, as well as meals on duty, unlimited tea and coffee, fair share of tips and a flexible benefits package, too.
We are close to major public transport links in the middle of Charminster, close to Cemetery Junction and Bournemouth Travel Interchange.
There is definitely potential for career development, we are looking for Supervisors and Managers of the future!
Good written and numerical skills
GCSE maths and English A*-C 9/4 or equivalents
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 12 month apprenticeship you will have achieved:
Hospitality Level 2