You will be working closely with experienced operatives, duties at first will be Winter maintenance for schools which will include shrub and hedge trimming, annual maintenance to trees, landscaping.
Summertime duties mainly based around grass cutting, hedge cutting, weed spraying.
As most of their customers are schools it is very important to maintain our excellent reputation by behaving maturely and responsibly at all times whilst in company vehicles or on-site.
The qualifications and experience gained on this Apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector.
- Be comfortable using gardening equipment
- Good organising and prioritising skills
- Communicates effectively
- Well presented, confident and a good team player
- Active listener
- Takes responsibility and accountability
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude including suggesting solutions, participating, trusting and encouraging others and achieving expectations
- Is adaptable to change/embraces and welcomes change
- Acts with pace and urgency being energetic, enthusiastic and decisive
- Willing to learn
Maths and English GCSE’s (9-4) A-C or equivalent qualifications.
Level 2 Arborist.