The apprentice will be working closing with our main gardener. He will be able to teach the applicant to use certain tools and educate them on the types of horticultural skills. This will include:
- Maintaining the communal areas of the park.
- Doing some customer work in private gardens.
- General maintenance as well as some soft and possible hard landscaping.
- Landscaping gardens for new sales.
- Installing various shrubs, trees, bedding, grass, and seed.
- Could be a full time position offered if candidate is successful in their role and shows the right attitude
- This would include a starting wage of the normal minimum wage
- Pay would increase after more time spent in the role
- The role will be working outdoors almost entirely
- Will involve strenuous physical activity at some points
- Hard work ethic
- Willing to learn
- Good verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented, polite and well spoken
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs, or equivalents, including English and maths at grades 9-4/A*-C for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3/A*-D for a Level 2. Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship. Please Note: All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
- Horticulture/Landscape Operative Standard
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Safe use of Pesticides
- Functional Skills maths and English