Hitachi Rail Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship - Ashford
Hitachi Rail Europe Ltd
SIEMENS PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY
Hitachi Rail is looking to ‘Inspire the Next’ generation of apprentices to join our business. You will have the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing rail companies in the UK and to collaborate with some of the best engineers in the organisation.
We now have a number of exciting apprenticeship opportunities within our Operations Engineering Team. These posts will be based at our sites across Ashford, Doncaster, Bristol and London.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of we would like to hear from you!
Details of the programme.
Hitachi Rail is working in partnership with a leading provider to deliver a best in class Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme. The programme has been designed to give apprentices the opportunity to:
- Work alongside experienced staff
- Gain job-specific skills
- Earn a wage and get holiday pay
- Study towards a related qualification
This will be a 3 year programme where you will be enrolled under the Rail Engineering Technician standard (Traction and Rolling Stock).
- GCSE in English Language and maths at levels A*-C or 4 to 9
- Planned Content and Schedule
The following elements will be delivered as part of the programme in three stages:
- Foundation Stage (Year 1) 01/09/20 - 30/08/21
- Development Stage (Year 2) 01/09/21 - 30/08/22
- Competence Stage (Year 3) 01/09/22 - 30/08/23
- End Point Assessment (EPA) - 01/03/22 - 30/08/23
Hitachi Rail is a leading manufacturer in total railway solutions, covering rolling stock, signalling, service delivery and traffic management. Our Global Head Office is located in Central London and we currently operate from project offices across the UK, several depot locations and our new state-of-the-art rail vehicle manufacturing facility in Newton Aycliffe.
Our Class 395 Javelin trains currently in operation on the HS1 route have proven our capability in the UK, based on a blend of British and Japanese technical expertise. The Intercity Express Programme and Abellio ScotRail franchise award will see our teams deliver over 200 new trains over the next two years. We are now looking to expand our operations further to build upon our global reputation for quality, reliability, innovation, design and technological leadership.
We are expanding our train building capability and have brought train building back to the UK and we need YOU to inspire the next. As Hitachi Rail continues to grow, there are more and more exciting career opportunities. We need you to help build the trains of the future.
Hitachi Rail is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications, we are also a member of the WISE campaign which inspires girls and women to study and build careers using science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
Closing Date - 1st March 2020.
As Hitachi Rail Europe continues to grow, there are more and more exciting career opportunities. We need you to help build the trains of the future.
Hitachi Rail Europe is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications, we are also a member of the WISE campaign which inspires girls and women to study and build careers using science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will have a good understanding of maths, English, basic IT skills and are committed to further study and learning
- You're safety aware, with strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- You're happy to listen, learn from others with the confidence to communicate your own ideas and an ability to interpret and explain technical information
- Are proud of the work they do
- Want to contribute to society through the products they make. Our trains will help people get to where they want to be safely and comfortably
- Are enthusiastic about volunteering in Community projects
- Deliver what they say they will deliver
- Enjoy their work and sharing successes
- Collaborate with colleagues - reach decisions by consensus
- Communicate honestly and openly, with respect
- Can work comfortably and inclusively across cultures
- Value everyone’s contributions and show open mindedness
- Have a positive outlook and a can do attitude
We are looking for candidates who have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade A*-C/ 9-4 or equivalent including maths, English and Science.
Learners will develop and demonstrate technical, occupational, and professional competence over 36 months.
Training and assessment will include:
- Level 2 foundation engineering units
- Level 3 Rail Engineering Technician Knowledge qualification
- Level 3 Rail Engineering Technician Competence work-based qualification
- Specialist rail engineering training
- Employer-specific skills training
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.