Hilton Coachworks Volkswagen Group Bishops Stortford Paint Technician Apprentice
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Our Paint Technicians work within the Volkswagen Group Approved Repairer network to help return our customers vehicles back to factory standards following accidents including bumps and scrapes. This means that our customer’s vehicles will become as good as new.
Paint Technicians are responsible for preparing vehicles to be painted after damage has occurred or once panels have been replaced. This will include repairing minor scratches to match the rest of the vehicle. Some of the day to day duties include:
- Ensuring all parts have been stripped from the vehicle in order for it to be painted
- Sanding down relevant area and adjoining area for blending
- Masking out areas to be treated
- Etching and priming areas to be treated
- Selecting matching and mixing colours using the approved Volkswagen Group colour palette
- Spray painting panels or vehicle parts using a variety of techniques to ensure a factory standard finish
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Trade Parts Specialists, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans the UK, providing a wide range of career opportunities.
Once your apprenticeship is complete, you will continue your learning journey and you will have the opportunity drive your career forward. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or even joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour as of April 2019. This applies to 16 -18 years old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for apprentices applies to both time spent both at work and in training.
Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this opportunity and carry out the full recruitment service for this employer. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.
Our ideal candidate will be creative and with an artistic nature. You should be able to demonstrate attention to detail and be committed to delivering a precise finish to your work.
We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Customer Service
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, maths and science.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, maths and either a science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Training will be delivered over a number of block release weeks at one of our state of the art training facilities in Milton Keynes. Accommodation and transport will be provided as required. Here, our expert trainers will guide you through the training programme using a combination of e-learning, classroom learning and practical application.
When you return to your workplace, your personal, dedicated mentor will support your continued learning as you apply the skills and knowledge you have gained at the Learning Centre.
This is a fully rounded training experience where you will build life skills that last and gain both Apprenticeship qualifications and Volkswagen Group standard certifications.
On successful completion of the three year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair Paint Principles (VRQ)
- Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair Paint Competence (VCQ)
- 2 x Apprenticeship Completion Certificates (at L2 & L3)
- Level 2 Award in Employee Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Functional Skills if required
- Brand specific certifications
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.