What will the apprentice be doing?
During your apprenticeship you will develop practical skills and a deep knowledge about highways maintenance operations in the Highways section of Cormac Solutions Highways & Environment service.
This is an apprenticeship post, and you will be learning whilst working gaining the level 2 Highways Maintenance Apprenticeship qualification and going to college / training centre as appropriate. Please view the apprenticeship standard: Highways maintenance skilled operative / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- All Highways maintenance and construction
- A range of routine manual tasks in relation to highways maintenance such as, laying kerbs, surfacing, repairing potholes, installing street Ironworks
- You will be using hand tools and powered tools or pedestrian plant
- You will be setting up traffic management
- Following written instructions and interpreting drawings
- Working with sub-contractors on larger schemes
Please view the Role Profile.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Highways Maintenance Skilled Operative standard:
- Maths and English (if applicable)
- Training will be at our Notter Bridge site on block release
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To be fully employed by the company on a permanent contract and to progressed onto other Apprenticeships, if applicable.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired