Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges? Do you want the opportunity to learn from some of the world’s leading experts in electricity transmission? Do you have the drive and motivation to think critically, and develop into a world-class engineer?
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic, highly skilled team; working at the heart of Electricity Transmission’s engineering function, making big technical decisions about the future of the transmission system, and being part of shaping the performance of the industry over the next decade and beyond. If so, Engineering and Asset Management is for you.
Our Higher Apprentice roles are fast paced and varied; this gives you the best chance to develop your skills and gain as much valuable work experience as possible. As a Higher Apprentice on the engineering and asset management programme, you can expect to be involved in any number of the below activities
- Providing guidance to Electricity Transmission Operations for maintenance activities on specific equipment types, by understanding Technical Guidance Notes, using you own knowledge and experience, and applying them to specific issues
- Providing technical knowledge and experience input to developing lifetime management strategies for a range of asset types
- Providing technical assurance to major infrastructure projects, ensuring assets are built to National Grid’s required technical specifications as well as integrating innovative solutions and technology
We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £24,533.
This opportunity will be based in Warwick.
The closing date will be Sunday 15th March 2021, we advise all candidates to apply as early as possible to ensure you obtain the place you want in the application process.
There's never been a more exciting time to join the energy sector. It's a transformational era as we work to come up with solutions that will enable us to cut carbon emissions and tackle climate change. We need problem solvers, creative thinkers and people with passion to help us deliver a clean, green energy system for the future.
If you're at school, studying at college or university, a graduate, looking for a career change or for a new challenge, we're looking for you to join our New Talent Programmes.
- We can’t deliver on our net zero commitment without a generation of people with the technical expertise and skills to revolutionise green technology
- You’ll need to be safety conscious, eager to learn and capable of working to procedures
We’re excited to work with people who want to make a difference. Who share our drive and dedication to create cleaner energy solutions that will benefit everyone?
We’re looking for a diverse range of talents
- We need the best of British ingenuity to help us address the climate challenge
- We need people with creativity, energy, enthusiasm and skills from across every community to help us to do the job that can’t wait
Join us and we’ll help you to realise your potential.
You must have or be predicted to gain GCSE at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English Language.
In addition to the GCSE requirements, you must also have one of the following sets of qualifications:
- 2 A-Levels - 1 must be in either maths or Physics at grade C/4 or above) (or equivalent)
- BTEC National Certificate Level 3 in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or Engineering (Merit or Distinction with the maths modules being Merit or Distinction) (or equivalent)
- BTEC National Diploma Level 3 in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or Engineering (Merit or Distinction with the maths modules being Merit or Distinction)
- ONC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Merit or Distinction with the Maths modules being Merit or Distinction)
- HNC/HND in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering (Pass, Merit or Distinction)
- Degree in maths, Physics, Chemistry or Engineering
To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence or be willing to learn to drive and agree to secure a valid full UK car driving licence at least 3 months before the programmes start date.
Level 4 Electrical Power Plant and Protection Commissioning Engineer apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)