What will the apprentice be doing?
- As a Heavy Vehicle Technician, you will service & repair all systems within the vehicle including engine & exhaust systems, air brakes, air conditioning & electronics
- Work will range from replacing parts to solving complex faults using diagnostic methods and equipment. With evermore-complex technologies, the tasks are constantly changing
- You will learn the key principles, practices and skills that underpin the role before further developing and applying your skills in more complex situations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards a Level 3 Service and Maintenance Heavy Vehicle Qualification
- Training will be delivered at the purpose-built Mercedes-Benz Training Academy in Milton Keynes on a block release programme
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Completing an apprenticeship is just the start of your career at Mercedes-Benz. Examples of some career paths our graduates have taken are:
- Maintenance, System, Diagnostic Technicians
- Service Team Leader
- Service Manager
- After Sales Manager
Reality CheckPlease ensure that you have the ability to travel to the place of employment daily and consider this in relation to potential wages. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). Salary will be at least apprentice national minimum wage.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired