Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- To learn from existing employees as to Servicing/Repairing, and Defects
- Servicing and repairs of trucks and trailers
- Brake testing
- Job card completion
- Service and relevant paperwork
To become a fully Qualified HGV Technician upon completion.
You must be able to travel to site each day for 8am and back from 5pm.
Regular bus routes from Derby, Leicester, and Nottingham.
As an apprentice you can apply for an NUS Apprentice extra card which can be used at hundreds of high street and online brands. https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
- Good communication skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Motivated to excel in their career
- To be able to work within a team
- A can-do attitude
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent).
If you do not already meet these criteria, we will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at.
Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training
Block release to our Stephenson campus, Coalville. (Part of the SMB Group).