What will the apprentice be doing?
- Trouble shooting issues with Laptops, PCs, mobile phones and tablets
- Providing remote and onsite support to customers
- Configuring networking equipment
- Installation of IT equipment & structured cabling
- Answering the phone and logging service requests in our CRM
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Information communications technician standard.
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premises and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the apprenticeship is completed, for the right candidate, there is opportunity to become a full-time 1st Line Support - with a salary that can increase from £20,000 to £25,000 per annum.
Reality CheckIn order to apply, holding a Full UK Driving licence is a requirement as travelling to client sites is part of the role.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Keen to learn - new processes, Able to prioritise workloads, Professional / approachable
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- x3 (Grade 4+ (A-C) in any subject) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential