Heavy Vehicle Repair Apprenticeship - Level 3
N C Cammack & Son Ltd
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
You will receive first class training in all the latest servicing and diagnostic techniques
As an apprentice, you will learn:
- Servicing – carrying out checks
- Learning the fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Vehicle Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Maintaining repair and service records
- To represent the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times when dealing with customers
On successful completion of your Level 3 apprenticeship along with functional skills in maths and English (where required) you will be a fully qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician with the skills to continue your career in the industry
- The job involves numerous activities so you will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles.
- As a heavy vehicle technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
- Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
No previous automotive qualifications are required and a full assessment will take place to ensure you have the skills to complete the course, and we will support and help develop your English, maths and ICT.
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.