Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
MAN Truck & Bus UK Ltd
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
- Servicing - carrying out checks
- Maintenance - replacing/repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics - using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
- Learn the fundamental technologies - Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
A certain amount of administration is also required to maintain the vehicles repair and service records as well as MAN Truck & Bus records.
MAN believe in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks, buses, agricultural machinery and plant equipment. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
No previous automotive qualifications are required, but you must have GCSE 9-3/A*-D in English and maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon - Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.