Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship
Hugh William Lafferty
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair vehicles that are heavier than 3.5 tonnes.
The role of a Heavy Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
- Servicing - working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance
- Maintenance - replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair - diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
A.M. Engineering want a talented enthusiastic individual to develop and progress through the Apprenticeship Scheme. On achievement of the Apprenticeship Programme, there is a high-prospect of full-time employment being offered and progression within their company.
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- The ability to use your initiative
- Analytical thinking skills
- Persistence and determination
- The ability to work well with others
- To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal qualities to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Mechanical interest
- Personal responsibility and resilience
- Problem Solving
- Self-motivated learner
- A sustained level of commitment throughout the 3-year apprenticeship
- A full UK driving licence would be advantageous (but not essential) due to the location of the employer
- Grade 3 or above in English Language and maths
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon - Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.